I’ve been wanting to start a few different series-style posts where, week-to-week, there’d be a post dedicated to a similar theme. The first in this fashion is going to Friday Five, where I recap five things from the week that are worth checking out.
Short, sweet and to the point. Because we don’t have time for bullshit.
- Where Dreams Go to Die — A documentary that follows along Canadian ultrarunner Gary Robbins as he attempts the Barkley Marathons two years in a row. This documentary left me shaken for several days. You can download it here.
- REI’s How to Run a 100 Miles — Another video, I know, but it was so well done it made me want to sign up for a 100 miler, which is some crazy shit. Pretty sure I couldn’t finish a marathon right now if I wanted to, but I’d be lying if I said I didn’t look for races after finishing it.
- Hoka One One Clifton 4s — I picked up a pair of these while on the west side of Michigan from a great running company, Gazelle Sports. I’ve only got a few miles in them, but damn they felt good. (Or maybe my Ghosts were just really shot!)
- My Field Notes— I always have something on me. I want to remember the little moments with Eleanor. I’ve even thought about bringing a notebook along when I run.
- International Women’s Day — What an awesome, important day. As the husband of an incredible, bad ass woman who is close to becoming a doctor; as a colleague of many important