Here it is again, five things from the past week.
- Ikea Kitchen Sale – We’re about to get ourselves neck deep in a kitchen remodel, and this Ikea Kitchen sale is a dream come true. 15% off and free shipping. “But Paul, why not get real wood cabinets.” No thank you.
- Bird by bird – A book on writing and life written by beloved author Anne Lamott. If I’m being honest, I haven’t really read much from her, but I’m enjoying this book. If you’re a writer (or an artist) it’s a good, easy read.
- Chacos – Just picked these up a few days ago, and I really love them. A far cry from the damn keens I had been wearing, why Grace not to subtly reminded me are ugly as hell. I got a simple black pair so I could wear them with anything, and I don’t much plan to take ’em off.
- Patagonia Swimsuit – I haven’t really had a good relationship with swimwear, especially since gaining weight. I grabbed these for a work function and not only did they fit really well, they stayed comfortable AND (AND!) they didn’t grab ahold of my junk when I got out of the water like most swimsuits do. Game changer.
- Topo Designs Klettersack – Saving the best for last. Man, oh man do I love this bag. Man, oh man do I love Topo Designs. If you’re not familiar with the company, get yourself to their website. A great company with great people and great values.
The bag fits everything I need for a day at the office. I’ve used it while biking and it fits snuggly, no problems. Easily holds a 15″ MacBook, plus several books. I also grabbed their camera cube, and have slipped that in there, too. You can expect a more complete review of this gear coming soon.
*I’ll add that I’m obviously not sponsored by any of these companies (though maybe someday that’ll change). These are just the things I love that are worth a little love.